Welcome
Welcome to the Castle Age AutoPlayer forums

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Real Problems with CAGE [β] 1.3.1.3

Performs annoying tasks for you and makes CA-life a bit easier.

Moderator: CAGE

Real Problems with CAGE [β] 1.3.1.3

Postby jackkeller » 20 Jul 2013, 02:52

This same problem has existed for over a month. I have to disable CAGE to play Castle Age. I enable it very few days but it never improves, regardless of the version.

1. The numbers for all stats at top of CA are hidden by CAGE. Can't see anything and the only way to know what my stats are is to click on Keep. That would be tolerable if it weren't for the next issue, which is worse.

2. When CAGE is enabled, anything I click on -- and I mean ANYTHING -- produces a perpetual blue swirl. I've gone out to dinner and come back an hour and 40 minutes later and it was still swirling. Ergo, I can't navigate and have to disable it again..

I'm running Chrome version Version 28.0.1500.72 m on Windows 7.
jackkeller
Scout
Scout

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Real Problems with CAGE [β] 1.3.1.3

Postby jackkeller » 25 Jul 2013, 15:45

Six days with no reply!

CAGE Menu Bar still hiding Stats Bar, clicking anything still hangs up endlessly with swirling blue orb.

Doesn't work and no help here.
jackkeller
Scout
Scout

Postby Vitae » 25 Jul 2013, 23:08

Have you bothered to try reading the CAGE Blog?
Click "View Website" and you'll go to it.

The short answer is that the CAGE dev currently doesn't have internet on a computer, only a mobile phone and is unable to do anything in CAGE
Vitae
High Commander
High Commander

Have thanks: 56 time

Postby valeria8 » 05 Aug 2013, 07:40

Hallo,

I have the very same problem for quite a long time. How can I know when (and if) will be fixed?

Thanks,

Valeria
valeria8
Scout
Scout

Postby jackkeller » 13 Aug 2013, 17:05

Well, it is still broken. Doesn't the CAGE Dev know he can go to any library and use a computer? It looks to me like he has just quit on us.
jackkeller
Scout
Scout

Postby CAGE » 19 Aug 2013, 20:26

I got my internet connection just today, and will start looking working on CAGE again.

@jackkeller: Do you live in Germany? Not everybody in the whole wide world is living in country that has free internet and development computers waiting for me in a library ;)
CAGE - Castle Age Game Enhancer makes your Castle Age life a bit easier!

Want to say thank you? Visit my blog and click an ad ;)
CAGE
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have thanks: 41 time
Highscores: 5

Postby Vitae » 21 Aug 2013, 22:23

CAGE wrote:@jackkeller: Do you live in Germany? Not everybody in the whole wide world is living in country that has free internet and development computers waiting for me in a library ;)

+1
I was going to say something like that, but figured be better coming from the person who is experiencing it themselves :)
You can't just create a CRX like a .txt file. It has to be compiled by software that is downloaded and installed. Can't walk into a library with a zip drive and expect it to work ;-)

Vitae has been thanked by:
Vitae
High Commander
High Commander

Have thanks: 56 time

Postby yinzanat » 22 Aug 2013, 13:17

Vitae wrote:
CAGE wrote:@jackkeller: Do you live in Germany? Not everybody in the whole wide world is living in country that has free internet and development computers waiting for me in a library ;)

+1
I was going to say something like that, but figured be better coming from the person who is experiencing it themselves :)
You can't just create a CRX like a .txt file. It has to be compiled by software that is downloaded and installed. Can't walk into a library with a zip drive and expect it to work ;-)

It a lot more polite than what I would have said. Would have involved open source and an entire internet of tutorials on vb.

And many rude words.

CAGE (the person) spent lots of time building CAGE (the app), so I think anything less than gratitude even when things aren't working is uncalled for. CAGE is just a guy using his free time working on a program that the CA developers are actively and passively trying to kill.

yinzanat has been thanked by:
yinzanat

Have thanks: 226 time
Highscores: 1

Return to C.A.G.E.