Welcome
Welcome to the Castle Age AutoPlayer forums

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

HOWTO add monthly special generals

Discussion and information regarding the current Community Build

HOWTO add monthly special generals

Postby magowiz » 14 Mar 2012, 15:42

I just started writing a guide that explains how to update CAAP to be able to buy monthly special generals,
you can find it on our wiki : http://caaplayer.wikia.com/index.php?title=HOWTO_add_a_monthly_special_general .
The guide isn't finished yet, lacks the general equipment and indications about where to put these lines (which file, in which part) and lacks a little bit of code syntax (parentheses).
Anyway I would like to know :
  • What do you think about writing this kind of guide?
  • If this kind of guides could reach their aim : make simple things like updating caap "database" accessible also to non-programmers
  • What do you think in particular of this guide ? (any critique is welcome )

magowiz has been thanked by:
magowiz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have thanks: 140 time

Re: HOWTO add monthly special generals

Postby TheCoolDude » 16 Mar 2012, 01:30

Hello magowiz.
I think it is a great idea you have there. I would love to learn more and maybe be able to help in the dev of this extension.
I encourage your idea. Please include details like which program to use for editing or resource that might be helpful.
Thanks.
TheCoolDude
Squire
Squire

Have thanks: 8 time

Postby magowiz » 17 Mar 2012, 18:33

TheCoolDude wrote:Hello magowiz.
I think it is a great idea you have there. I would love to learn more and maybe be able to help in the dev of this extension.
I encourage your idea. Please include details like which program to use for editing or resource that might be helpful.
Thanks.

I simply use a text editor (like notepad), but you could use context for windows which is a good editor with syntax highlighting.
About what I've wrote : I discovered these things doing a sort of reverse engeenering reading the code and trying to understand which is the logic behind this.
There are a lot of code that I still don't understand.
I think I have to add also equipment editing guide.
magowiz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby magowiz » 08 Apr 2012, 18:13

I've just added equipment guide in the same page and other useful informations, so I think the guide is finished ... for now :) .

magowiz has been thanked by:
magowiz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Community Build