Welcome
Welcome to the Castle Age AutoPlayer forums

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Arena implementation bugs and features

Discussion and information regarding the current Community Build

Arena implementation bugs and features

Postby yinzanat » 10 Dec 2012, 02:34

Very basic Arena has been implemented. So far it has an
    enable checkbox
    invade/duel selection (pretty sure it works)
    stop and start tokens
    a max enemy army limit
    Fight now button

Features that still need to be implemented:
    min/max level logic
    scouting feature

Bugs:
    Doesn't use invade/duel general
    Doesn't know the name of the opponent on the results screen
    Duel option still does invade
    overwrites names and rank in battle record
Last edited by yinzanat on 10 Dec 2012, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
yinzanat

Have thanks: 226 time
Highscores: 1

Re: Arena implementation bugs and features

Postby gragh » 10 Dec 2012, 04:14

From the console RE: names being Unknown.

(3)141.0.0d107 |19:49:11| Updating battle record user name, from/to
Array[2]
0: "╬REIN╬ 冷�..."
1: "unknown"
length: 2
__proto__: Array[0]
gragh
Knight
Knight

Have thanks: 2 time

Postby SomebodySomewhere » 10 Dec 2012, 04:47

Due to this being the arena, and a lot of changes/alterations and/or upgrades to arena functions may or may not change...

I think that to save CAAP D. (developer version) number (currently d107)...
We should have d107 be the official Arena version, and be able to save a number (d108) for after arena... So to speak.
So the next update (most likely going to be for some part or section of arena) would look something like this

Unlock Menu []
Version: 141.0.0 d107 - CAAP Forum

TO...

Unlock Menu []
Version: 141.0.0 d107
Arena version 1.0- CAAP Forum

Just a thought. What are your thought and opinions?
SomebodySomewhere
Soldier
Soldier

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby drakomanolis » 10 Dec 2012, 07:09

Is duel working ? For me it just invade ppl around losing most of times ...
drakomanolis
Soldier
Soldier

Postby LordBandit » 10 Dec 2012, 11:48

drakomanolis wrote:Is duel working ? For me it just invade ppl around losing most of times ...

Duel is working but it still uses the army number you set to pick your targets...set that number lower. Until they get a level min-max in the routine it is going to lose a lot....
LordBandit

Have thanks: 52 time

Postby gragh » 10 Dec 2012, 13:45

LordBandit wrote:
drakomanolis wrote:Is duel working ? For me it just invade ppl around losing most of times ...

Duel is working but it still uses the army number you set to pick your targets...set that number lower. Until they get a level min-max in the routine it is going to lose a lot....

Even this is not a good way. Typically if a person has low army but high rank it is because they have BETTER duel strength. I suggest either invading only or turning off. Or expect to lose a lot until he fleshes out the duel options. Even so, you could set it up to duel while you are away and do arena while you are around manually so that you can maximize until it is done.
gragh
Knight
Knight

Postby drakomanolis » 10 Dec 2012, 14:36

gragh wrote:
LordBandit wrote:

Even this is not a good way. Typically if a person has low army but high rank it is because they have BETTER duel strength. I suggest either invading only or turning off. Or expect to lose a lot until he fleshes out the duel options. Even so, you could set it up to duel while you are away and do arena while you are around manually so that you can maximize until it is done.

What i meant is that even if u use duel in the setings caap keeps invading (using invade button instead of duel).
drakomanolis
Soldier
Soldier

Postby gragh » 10 Dec 2012, 14:39

Yinzanat, I was looking at the battle stats as I was attacking in arena. You can see the players name for a split second before it gets renamed. Between that and the info from the console it may help figure that out?

I also noticed, that unless what you did break battles in the battle stats the mouse over will show the rank from arena. That is another way to differentiate between battle and arena. One other thing could probably help. When adding to the battle page you could place either 'A' in the war column or if it is integer only, you could put 99 in the war column so that people could tell at a glance what is arena and regular battle. At least until (if) you add a new tab. Considering this is likely to be recycled for use in Conquest Duel as well who knows.

Again, Kudos.

-G
gragh
Knight
Knight

Postby Ron5000 » 10 Dec 2012, 16:00

If the target that CAAP attacks doesn't have health CAAP keeps hitting it anyway. I assume it will hit until the list changes?
Ron5000
Scout
Scout

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby yinzanat » 10 Dec 2012, 16:43

gragh wrote:Yinzanat, I was looking at the battle stats as I was attacking in arena. You can see the players name for a split second before it gets renamed. Between that and the info from the console it may help figure that out?

I also noticed, that unless what you did break battles in the battle stats the mouse over will show the rank from arena. That is another way to differentiate between battle and arena. One other thing could probably help. When adding to the battle page you could place either 'A' in the war column or if it is integer only, you could put 99 in the war column so that people could tell at a glance what is arena and regular battle. At least until (if) you add a new tab. Considering this is likely to be recycled for use in Conquest Duel as well who knows.

Again, Kudos.

-G

The first time you see the name is when caap is parsing the battle list, the problem I'm having is when caap parses the results. I've put in some logic to not change the name if the new name is 'unknown'. That should help. I've also added a new field to the battle record (arenaRank) so I'm not overwriting that. I'll still put the win/loss info in the same place, since they're the same game mechanics. The new field is in the data, not the dashboard display, so I've got to figure out something for that.
yinzanat

Have thanks: 226 time
Highscores: 1

Next

Return to Community Build